Pets are only allowed in certain units within specific HUH properties, and there are restrictions on the number, type, breed, and weight of permitted pets. You will need to complete a Pet Authorization and Policies Rider before you move in. (You can view a sample policy rider here.) All dogs must be vaccinated for rabies and licensed yearly. Exceptions to the HUH pet policies may be granted only on the basis of an approved eligible reasonable accommodation.
Heating and Electricity
Heat and Electricity are included in the rent for all HUH properties. Our properties comply with Massachusetts heating regulations, which require:
- Providing heat from September 15 through June 15 each year
- Minimum temperature of 68°F between 7:00 AM and 11:00 PM
- Minimum temperature of 64°F at all other hours
Air conditioning is included in the rent for some HUH properties:
- May 1 through October 31
- When the outside temperature is 60°F or above
In buildings where air conditioning is not included, residents can rent an air conditioner from HUH's approved vendor RentAnAC. If you bring your own, size and efficiency standards apply and the unit must be installed by RentAnAC.
Air conditioning units
- Can be used from April 15 through October 31
- Must be removed on or before October 31
To request an air conditioning unit installation, please refer to the air conditioning rider that you received in your lease package.
All of our properties are smoke-free. Smoking, vaping, and any device or method used for smoking any substance are prohibited.
You are not allowed to smoke anywhere within a HUH property including (but not limited to):
- All indoor areas
- Apartment balconies and patios
- Near building entrances and exits
- All exterior HUH premises
- Any other designated non-smoking area