In accordance with city municipal code, HUH is required to separate recyclable materials from trash. Eighty percent of what you throw out can be recycled, and our comprehensive Single Stream Recycling Program means you can collect all recyclable materials (paper, flattened cardboard, clean containers of aluminum, steel, plastics #1-7, and glass) together in your recycling bag. Please use a separate bin to collect household trash (food waste, Styrofoam, used tissues, etc.).
- Trash and recycling bins are located in the trash rooms on each floor.
- Compost bins are located in the shared kitchens on each floor.
- Regularly empty both recycling and trash to minimize odors.
- Cardboard boxes should be flattened and left next to the recycling bin.
- Please do not leave recycling, boxes, or trash in the kitchens, bathrooms, study room, basement lounge or any other common area, on the sidewalk, or next to bins. If a bin is full, we ask that you find another recycling/trash area to use (if available) and that you notify the Property Management Office.
Please click here if you have questions regarding the type of materials that can be recycled, how to collect recycling, or where to dispose of it properly.