Welcome to the only Harvard-sponsored home buying service
The Real Estate Advantage Program (REAP) offers the following home-buying benefits to all Harvard faculty, staff, students, and alumni – including those in Harvard-affiliated hospitals.
Through Harvard University
- Education about the market and the home-buying process through our free seminars and webinars.
- Harvard’s advocacy and support through the entire process
Through our partner, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Personalized counseling to help you navigate the competitive real estate market and assignment to an appropriate real estate agent.
- A cash rebate after closing (If you contact an agent directly before going through the REAP sign-up and assignment process, you may not be eligible for the cash back program.)
- Register online or call 800-396-0960 to get started.
- One-on-one service to help you find the right loan.
- A variety of loan options – including first-time buyers, physicians, conventional loans, jumbo mortgages, and more.
- Reduced rates and/or closing costs.
Cash rebate amounts
|Purchase/Sale Price||Your Cash Bonus|
|$ 50,000- 99,999||$330|
|$1,000,000 and up||Bonus increases by $275 for each additional $100,000.|
|Restrictions apply in some states.|
Important: Do not contact a real estate agent before registering for this program or you may not be eligible to receive the benefits.
*The cash back benefit is funded by a referral fee negotiated by the University with Coldwell Banker. The portion of the referral fee given back to Harvard is split approximately 50/50 between the Harvard employee and the Faculty Real Estate Services department, which manages the Real Estate Advantage Program for the University.