Welcome to the only Harvard-sponsored home buying service
The Real Estate Advantage Program (REAP) offers the following home-buying benefits to all Harvard faculty, staff, students, and alumni – including those in Harvard-affiliated hospitals.
Through Harvard University
- Education about the market and the home-buying process through our free seminars and webinars.
- Harvard’s advocacy and support through the entire process.
Through Our Preferred Mortgage Lenders
- One-on-one service to help you find the right loan.
- A variety of loan options – including first-time buyers, physicians, conventional loans, jumbo mortgages, and more.
- Reduced rates and/or closing costs.
Through our partner, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
- Personalized counseling to help you navigate the competitive real estate market and assignment to an appropriate real estate agent.
- A cash rebate after closing
- Cash rebates are equal to 15% of your real estate agent’s commission - which is typically between 2-3% of the sale price*.
- Contact us for more details on how the cash rebate program works - register online or call 800-396-0960.
- Please do not contact an agent directly before going through the REAP sign-up and assignment process, as this may disqualify you from the cash back program.
- Restrictions apply in some states.
*The cash back benefit is funded by a referral fee negotiated by the University with Coldwell Banker. The portion of the referral fee given back to Harvard is split approximately 50/50 between the Harvard employee and the Faculty Real Estate Services department, which manages the Real Estate Advantage Program for the University.