The sabbatical rental program is a service for visiting faculty who want a short-term rental while at Harvard and for current Harvard faculty who are going on sabbatical and want to find someone to rent their home.
Scroll down to view current sabbatical listings.
Listing your Home
Faculty Real Estate Services will list for rent all homes submitted by Harvard faculty members. Homes for rent submitted by private parties will be listed only if they are deemed appropriate in terms of size, location, and price. Please note that we will not post a listing if there is a fee. Furnished properties are preferred.
To submit your home for consideration:
- Please download and complete the listing form; then send it as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Be sure to include four photos, preferably interior and exterior. All photos must be sized so that your finished document is a one page word document no larger than 1 MB.
- Be sure to price your property appropriately, as changes are not allowed during the two-month listing period.
If your home is accepted for the program:
- It may take up to one week for your listing to be posted.
- It will be listed on this web site for two months, or until we are notified that the property is rented. Extensions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Interested parties will contact you directly for further information and viewings.
- Faculty Real Estate Services will not represent either party and is not legally responsible for any transactions between the parties.
- 8 Wollaston Avenue. Furnished 4 bed, 2.5 bath home with 2,000+ square feet. Available 1-2 years. $3,500 + utilities. Click here for more information. 3/13/17
- 61 Scituate Street. Furnished 5 bed, 4 bath home with garage parking. Available April 2017 or summer 2017, 1 year lease with option to renewal. $5,800/month + Utilities. Click here for more information. 2/28/17
- 197 Orchard Street. Furnished 12 room house with 2814 square feet, including in-law suite. Available July 2017. $6,000/month. Click here for more information. 3/13/17
- 67 Dalton Road. Furnished (or can be unfurnished) room in apartment with shared kitchen, bath and parking. Flexible availability. $900/month (a portion of utilities are not included). Click here for more information. 2/6/17
- 40 Amherst Road. Furnished 6 bed, 3.5 bath home with parking. Available now to July 2017 with option for renewal. $7,500/month. Click here for more information. 1/30/17
- 10 Hawthorne Park. Furnished 2 bed, 2 bath unit on top two floors of 2 family house with parking and 1800+ square feet. Available academic year, September to April, but we are flexible/user-friendly. $6,000/month, laundry/utilities/cable TV/Apple TV included.No smoking/no pets. Click here for more information. 3/22/17
- 15 Trowbridge Street Unit. Furnished 1 bed, 1 bath condo with 600 square feet. Available August 1, 2017 for 12+ month lease. $2,550/month. Click here for more information. 3/22/17
- Chester Street. Furnished 1 bed, 1.5 bath condo with 1,700 square feet. Available January 1-May 30, 2018 (possibility of full academic year from Sept 2017). $3,300/month, plus $140 for reserved off street parking. Internet, TV,cable, water and garbage included. Renter pays gas and electric. Click here for more information. 3/21/17
- 11 Field Street. Furnished 2 bed, 2 bath unit in 3 story condo. Available May 15-August 15, 2017 (negotiable). $2,600/month. Click here for more information. 3/20/17
- 4 Washington Avenue. Furnished 1 bed, 1 bath condo. Available June 1, 2017. $2,500/month. Short term (less than 12 months) available at a higher rate. Click here for more information. 3/20/17
- 29 Concord Ave. Furnished 1 bed, 1 bath condo. Available Summer sublease (end of May – end of August 2017), $2,300/month, including utilities. Click here for more information. 3/15/17
- 21 Sacramento Place. Furnished 3 bed, 2.5 bath attached single-family house. Available Fall 2017 semester (available Aug. to Jan. with extension, if needed). $4,400/month (include washer, dryer, dishwasher, microwave, Internet, cable, etc.). Driveway adjacent to the house. Click here for more information. 3/7/17
- 2 Arlington Street. Furnished 1 bed, 1 bath unit with study. Available March 2017 for semester, summer, or year blocks (renewable). $2,800/month (all utilities + cable and internet included!). Click here for more information. 3/6/17
- 11 Hollis Street. Furnished 2 bed, 1 bath apartment. Available January 1, 2018, 4 month minimum. $3,150/month, includes heat and electricity. Click here for more information. 3/2/17
- 245 Concord Ave. Furnished 2+ bedroom, 1.5 bath townhouse with 1,800 square feet and garage parking. Available June 15-August 31 (negotiable). $3,000/month (plus $100 biweekly cleaning fee). Click here for more information. 2/28/17
- 10 Worcester Street. Furnished 3 bed, 2 bath condo. Available Fall Semester, 2017 (approx. August 15-December 31, 2017). $3,500/month. Click here for more information. 2/13/17
- 65 Langdon Street. Furnished 2 bed, 1 bath apartment with 750 square feet. Available now – April 30th+ (flexible). $3,400/month and will consider short term/weekly rental. Click here for more information. 2/2/17
- 163 Mt Auburn Street. Furnished 2 bed, 1 bath unit with 1,350 square feet. Available March 1, 2017 (start and end dates flexible). $3,600/month, including heat, hot water, AC, high speed internet and cable. Click here for more information. 1/30/17
- 76 Sunset Road. Furnished 4 bed, 2 bath country house with parking. Available 07/01/2017-08/15/2017. $3,500/month (August is negotiable), includes utilities. Click here for more information. 2/14/17
- 806 Monument Street. Furnished 6 bed, older home with parking in rural setting with easy access to Cambridge, Boston. Available February 15, 2017. Open to long and short term rental. More than 3 months is $6,000/month, utilities not included. 3 months or less is $7,000/month, utilities included. All rental rates include lawn care, snow plowing, weekly cleaning, trash and recycling. Click here for more information. 1/24/17
- 69 Sagamore Avenue. Furnished 2 bed, 2 bath home with 2,300 square feet and parking. Available one month in the summer of 2017 - Either July 1-31 or August 1-31. $4,000/month, includes utilities, but extra cost for phone, cable tv and internet. Cats ok. Click here for more information. 3/22/17
- 11 Glover Road. Furnished 3 bed, 1 full & 2 half baths, home with garage parking. Available August 1, 2017- July 31, 2018 (flexible). $3,800/month. Sewer/water included. Oil heat/electricity renters pay. Click here for more information. 1/30/17
- 66 Purchase Street. Furnished 2 bed, 1.5 bath home with 1,800 square feet. Available Sept 1, term negotiable. $2,700/month. Click here for more information. 3/22/17
- 949 Centre Street. Furnished 4 bed, 2.5 bath house. Available academic year. $5,500/month. Click here for more information. 3/15/17
- 507 Lowell Ave. Furnished 2 bed, 2 bath apartment in 2 family home with garage. Available July 1, 2017 to June 30 or July 31, 2018. $2,900/month (includes heat, hot water, lawn and snow removal). Click here for more information. 3/7/17
- 25 Bemis Road. Furnished 2 bed, 1 bath, 5 room house with 840 square feet and parking. Available September 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 (negotiable). $2,690/month (includes wireless internet, cable TV) plus utilities and one-month security deposit. No pets or smokers please. Click here for more information. 3/2/17
- 5 Hodgdon Place. Furnished 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath townhouse with ~1600 square feet and parking. Available March 13, 2017 onward. $3,800/month. No pets; no smoking please. Click here for more information. 2/28/17
- 37 Banks Street. Furnished 2 bed, 1 bath apartment. Available now-negotiable. $3,800/month (Wi-fi, house cleaner, AC, heat and electricity included). No pets, no smoking. Click here for more information. 2/27/17
- 31 Cottage Street. Furnished room. Available short or long term - $1000/month or $300/week (other duration/arrangement can be made). Shared (with 1 person) bathroom and kitchen. Short term – up to 2 people, Long term – 1 person only. No guests are allowed. Parking space for 1 car. Click here for more information. 3/9/17
These housing resources are completely independent from Harvard University Housing (HUH) and Faculty Real Estate Services (FRES). HUH and FRES do not endorse or inspect any of them or review the information given by these resources. We caution all potential tenants and landlords to verify all information you receive and to view the unit or house in person.